Marketers, what’s fun about what you do?
Working solo is interesting. You don’t have to put up with your coworkers’ weird tics, but you also don’t have anyone to chat with over coffee and shared misery.
I make my own fun, though like many things, I often forget to do so.
Marketers, what’s fun about what you do? What brings you smiles and giggles in your daily work? Let me know in the comments.
I’ll get us started with a few things I find fun in my different duties.
• Surprising others. It might be a nice note or a small token of gratitude. Or simply a fun reveal to an audience. I just like making people happy when possible.
• Staying up late writing a cool blog post. I do write a lot of posts, but it’s rare that I get so into it that I’m in the zone. It has to be the right combination of topic and energy.
• Teaching others to blog. As an editor and a coach for much of my career, I love being able to guide bloggers and writers in improving our craft.
• Gossip. Heck, I ain’t perfect. But if I’m with a trusted someone, I will gossip like crazy.
• Negotiating. I like numbers, and I like haggling. I’m terrible at poker, but I’m pretty good at working with others on securing a fair deal.
Don’t forget to share your answers in the comments.