Communications consultant and Birmingham Blogging Academy founder Wade Kwon has written thousands of blog posts and created blogs big and small. He loves to tell stories, in person and in print and online as Birmingham’s Best Blogger.
He is founder of the Y’all Connect conference.
The Poynter Institute selected Kwon as one of 35 Influential People in Social Media. Birmingham Magazine readers selected him as Best Tweeter 2 years running in the Best of B’ham 2010 and 2011 online polls. His site, Magic City Post, was voted Best Website in the Birmingham’s Best 2011 readers’ poll by the Birmingham News; it also won 2011 Green Eyeshade Awards for Best Blog and Specialized Site.
Kwon has worked with companies across Alabama and across America for consulting and training. Let him help your company with communication strategy, training, social media, blogging, public speaking, marketing, public relations and more.
A Birmingham, Ala., native, he started his award-winning blog Wade on Birmingham in 2005, and has worked with Time Inc. and Scripps-Howard on blogging and new media. He is a founding board member of the Alabama Social Media Association, a nonprofit group dedicated to educating people about social media.
Kwon has been a writer and editor at Southern Living magazine and the Birmingham Post-Herald newspaper, winning numerous journalism awards.
Kwon has been profiled or mentioned in …
- Birmingham Business Journal,
- Birmingham Magazine,
- The Birmingham News,
- The Birmingham Post-Herald,
- The Huntsville Times,
- Birmingham View,
- BlogWorld Expo Radio,
- B-Metro Magazine,
- Montgomery Advertiser,
- Weld for Birmingham,
- ABC 33/40,
- CBS 42,
- Fox 6,
- plus these websites: Alabama Bloggers, Birmingham’s RSS, See Jane Write.
His blog posts have been cited in …
- The Birmingham News,
- Living Social,
- The New York Post,
- The Samford Crimson.
- Arc Light Stories,
- BarCamp Birmingham,
- BarCamp Chattanooga,
- Block by Block Community News Summit,
- BlogWorld and New Media Expo,
- Coastal Social,
- Ignite Birmingham,
- PhotoCamp Birmingham,
- PodCamp Nashville,
- Public Relations Association of Mississippi,
- Public Relations Council of Alabama,
- Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival,
- WordCamp Atlanta,
- WordCamp Birmingham.
Companies and organizations:
- Alabama Scholastic Press Association,
- Associated Press Sports Editors,
- Birmingham Ad Federation,
- Birmingham Business Alliance,
- Five Points South Merchants Group, Birmingham, Ala.,
- Public Relations Council of Alabama — Montgomery Chapter,
- Public Relations Society of America,
- Rocket City Bloggers,
- See Jane Write,
- Southern Progress Corporation/Time Inc.
- Vestavia Hills Sunrise Rotary Club,
- WordPress Birmingham.
- Appalachian State University,
- Birmingham Public Schools,
- Jefferson State Community College,
- Miles College,
- Samford University,
- University of Alabama,
- University of Alabama at Birmingham,
- University of South Carolina-Upstate.
Kwon also co-founded Media of Birmingham, a networking group for media professionals, and has served as an organizer with BarCampBirmingham, WordCamp Birmingham, Ignite Birmingham and Social Media Club of Birmingham.
Social media outlets
- Real-time updates through @WadeOnTweets on Twitter.
- He might be your friend on Facebook.
- His professional experience and recommendations can be found on his LinkedIn profile.
- He’s part of the Google+ world.
- He maintains a personal blog, WadeKwon.com.
- His news blog, Wade on Birmingham, focuses on Birmingham and Alabama.
- He helps manage the Alabama Social Media Association.
Also, you can contact him through this form.