Better communication through Facebook groups for business
Companies often struggle with internal communications. Email can be cumbersome, and paper memos can pile up.
What about a free private solution that your staff already uses?
Facebook groups can help teams, departments, managers and branches share information, photos, videos and documents in real time. Administrators can set them up in minutes, and invite others by Facebook or email. Members can stay informed by visiting the group through desktop and mobile versions, as well as email and app notifications.
(LinkedIn has a similar groups function.)
How to set up a group on Facebook
- Go to Groups on Facebook.
- Click Create Group button at top.
- Fill out the form.
Uses for Facebook groups in your company
- Share info usually sent by memo or email.
- Recognize colleagues for outstanding work.
- Poll colleagues for feedback and suggestions.
- Collaborate on simple text documents.
- Post training videos.
- Quick updates on projects.
- Weekly Q&A with the CEO.
- Back channel for teleconferences and video chats.
- Show galleries of new floor plans, product designs, brochure layouts …
- Coordinate social media channel management.
- Boost morale (since everyone’s sharing funny videos and pics anyway).
- Ask and answer questions on department changes.
- Introduce new employees and interns.
- Share links to industry news.
- Gauge daily performance of a sales team.
- Create a searchable archive of information.
- Tag specific people for questions and assignments.
- Employees’ bulletin board.
- Coordinate team members for events.
Is your organization using Facebook groups for internal communication? Share your experiences in the comments.
• • •
Get your company’s communications on track.
Contact me for a free consultation …