Blogging for the blogger who doesn’t want to blog
Either you’re committed to blogging or you aren’t.
I like to think of multiple options to problems, but when it comes to blogging, I find most either do it, or give up early on.
However, not everyone has to blog the same way.
Allow me to suggest a few alternatives for those who find themselves stuck when trying to write posts on a regular basis …
- A photo a day to Instagram.
- Autopost from Instagram to your blog.
- Vine videos (in 6-second bursts).
- Weekly curation of favorite links around a topic.
- Video of the day.
- Pin to Pinterest daily.
- Most interesting SlideShare presentation of the day.
- Favorite tweets of the day (you can cheat and use Favstar).
- Favorite Facebook post of the day (you can now embed Facebook posts).
- Interview people by email and post as a Q&A.
- Photo essay.
- Photo with a long description.
- Amazon book of the day (with affiliate link).
- Amazon product of the day (with affiliate link).
- Themed playlist from Spotify, Soundcloud, Last.fm, iTunes or another music service.
- A how-to with step-by-step guide.
- A poem (I prefer haiku).
- Progress reports (room renovation, product launch, pregnancy).
- Charts and graphs.
- Site of the day.
- Twitterer of the day.
- Pinner of the day.
- Etsy shop of the day.
- Instagrammer of the day.
- Ebook of the day.
- Blogger of the day.
- Hashtag transcripts.
- Product review.
- Movie review.
- Game review.
- App review.
- CD review.
- TV show review.
- Book review.
- Blog review.
- Restaurant review.
- Product unboxing video or photos.
- RSS snippets.
- Sneak peeks (product development, first drafts, models, sketches).
- Latest books read.
- Latest movies watched.
- Latest cities visited.
- Latest restaurants visited.
- Best (and worst) reviews of your products or services.
- Events and other calendar listings.
- Job listings.
- Memes and ecards.
- Anything that doesn’t include the phrase “I was wondering about what to blog today …”
Photo: Faith Goble (CC)
• • •
I can help the reluctant bloggers on your team
get going (and keep going) on your blog.